Thursday, June 2, 2011

moschino shirt

one of my ultimate goals is to do something will all the fabrics I have accumulated and stored (gathering dust and possibly moth larva).

I need to go through the closet wardrobe and get rid of clothing that I no longer wear.

the project for the day is to take this moschino printed cotton shirt, and make it into a short-sleeve. I feel uncomfortable wearing long-sleeve shirts. My method in sewing is to do things the quick and dirty way (not the correct technical way) - in general, I always look for shortcuts and ways to cheat.

One time, I modified a shirt the "correct" way by disassembling the shirt sleeves completely, patterning and re-cutting them short, and then re-attaching/setting in the sleeve.. but it is a laborious, involved process, and I generally do not enjoy sewing armholes.


one of the corn seedlings wilted today... which made me nervous that there is some kind of root mold. When it comes to taking care of plants, my tendency is to spoil them (by overwatering). and I am afraid of fungal gnats all over again. I will be taking these away to long island to plant in the ground anyway.



I finally bit the bullet and ordered memory chips for my computer.. it has been running really slow. the memory chips were $75 that I do not have right now, of course, but I am curious to see if it makes a difference in the operating speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment